Monday, May 17, 2010

Shoes and Haikus


These are the 4.5 inch clogs I wore for my (long) travels home a few days ago.  Receiving an intense number of stares whilst trudging through 3 airports in such a heel, I wondered if I was, in fact, insane.

I'm proud of my sanity, for these reasons 3:
1. They were the heaviest shoes I was traveling with, and wearing them saved me the $150.00 overweight fee.

2. Clogs are slip ons, duh.  I've mastered the stripping-down-in-security-line and am now much like a business man breezing through the process, especially when wearing clogs.

3. In more than one fifteen instances I have found myself at odds with the 'kindly' airline personnel, mainly during the check-in process and particularly with Easy-Jet, an airline I can no longer endorse (not that I ever did...).  I find that in situations where I lose my cool, thereby destroying ANY chance of my 5 kilo extra suitcase weight sliding under the radar, that wearing nearly 5 inch heels at least places me at an intimidating height.  I do realize that neither raising my voice nor standing in giant-like stature assist me in any way, shape, or form.  But at least I look cute in the process.


Miu Miu Dove-Print Satin Clogs






Come fly with me please.
Down to Acapulco Bay.
"Chirp chirp" says my feet.










picture via Saksfifthavenue.com

3 comments: