Friday, April 30, 2010

Lee Greenwood...what a guy!


What a talent.  What a legend.  Right up there with the last 30 minutes of Armageddon, the 'One Shining Moment' montage post NCAA championship game, and the final episode of any long standing TV series, 'God Bless the U.S.A.' never, ever, fails to leave me misty-eyed.

In honor of my forthcoming return to the land of the free and the home of the brave, I've compiled a list of the things I miss most about America.  This list is also my underhanded way of informing those who will be preparing for my arrival of pertinent things to stockpile, where possible.

Without further ado (and in no particular order):

My family.  Plus the new little squirt.


I will be consuming one daily for the duration of my home-stay.


self-explanatory


I've had the British version.  They aren't even as good as the ones the above monster coats in a thick layer of sand.


I now have 8 months of life sans microwave one under my belt, but it sure will be nice to pop a bag of popcorn.


Dallas


Self-serve yogurt emporiums.  Original tart flavor, please.


Chuck-town summer vacay.  Complete with MJ tribute dance parties.


My long lost pals.


A proper chicken cheesesteak.  I will never eat a doner kebab, especially after Bill Bryson described it as looking like something carved from a dead man's leg.


No, no no. NOT the show.  It's on approximately 8 times a day in England.  This is just the easiest representation of friends, generally.  Since I couldn't put a picture of everyone of my friends I miss, this will have to do :)


Getting manicures and pedicures, particularly with friends.  I'm certain you can get mani/peds in Europe, I just never really cared to do it.


And there you have it.  A long list of pictures to pump me up for my time stateside.  I simply cannot wait.  Until then, I will enjoy England/Germany - I certainly don't take them for granted!

2 comments:

  1. Uh the MJ tribute band in chucktown is the best ever!! Must let me know when you hit up the palmetto state and I will make every effort to go visit at the same time! Can't wait for you to be stateside! Safe trip...miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whooohoooo shout out to d-town and, most importantly, yogville! it's just not the same without you.

    ReplyDelete